Serving Tray

Serving Tray Wedding Gift

Over the past few days, I worked on making a wedding gift out of a plain wooden serving tray.

  • First, I lightly sanded the entire tray.
  • Next, I lightly brushed white interior/exterior paint on the back of the tray. 
  • I cut a scruffy dish pad and scraped the paint in places to give it a distressed look and used the brush too.
  • After the back dried, I did the same on the front of the tray , and the sides.
  • On my computer, I printed out the letter of the last name of the wedding couple which was "S" in this case.


  • I chose a font that I like in a script and enlarged it to 408.
  • I printed it in reverse.
  • Then after the white paint dried on the tray, I turned the "S" over so that it would be correct on the middle of the tray.
  • I laid the paper down and lightly taped it so that it wouldn't move.
  • I took a dull pencil and traced the edge of the letter by pressing down pretty firmly.
  • I took off the paper carefully .
  • I painted the letter "S" and let it dry, then painted it again.
  • I cut out a stencil from a plastic sheet I bought at Michael's and laid it down to see if I liked the arrangement.
  • Then I held the stencil down with one hand, and dapped the holes with a paint brush and  black paint.
  • I balanced out my design on either side.
  • Then I took a flower from the stencil sheet, and painted two flower stencils and aqua color.
  • After the paint dried I brushed on "Triple Coat" carefully. It is a type of polyurethane varnish.
  • I painted the "Triple coat" or whatever brand you choose on the front sides and back. All over and let it dry.
  • Voila!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Website Information